Payne Memorial Ministry Scholarship
For the 2023-24 school year, applications are accepted from February 1, 2023 to April 20, 2023.
Annual 学费 Grants for 学生 Preparing for Ministry
Provided in memory of Mr. 斯宾塞和夫人. 珍妮·佩恩 to assist FVL students who are seeking to serve their Savior as a pastor or teacher in the Wisconsin Ev. 路德宗教会议.
To be eligible, the student needs to:
- Be enrolled as a full-time FVL sophomore, junior, or senior for the coming school year.
- Demonstrate financial need according to the guidelines established for FVL financial aid and verified through the FACTS application process.
- Complete the annual “Future Martin Luther College Attendance” survey form distributed in all grade 10-12 FVL religion courses each spring.
- Be not receiving a Wisconsin Parental Choice Program voucher.
Scholarship Program Guidelines:
- The FVL President and the FVL Administrative Pastor will meet and present a list of eligible candidates at the annual spring financial aid meeting.
- Eligible students may be named grant recipients in consecutive years provided they are still planning to attend MLC
- 学费 grant award winners will be notified of their awards after the annual spring financial meeting.
- All decisions of the 学费 Assistance Committee are final.
学生 who are members of Eternal Love-Appleton or Trinity-Neenah may apply for Payne scholarships to FVL at these churches as well.
The Payne Memorial Scholarship Fund
The Payne Memorial Scholarship Fund is an endowment fund established as a memorial by Mr. 斯宾塞和夫人. 珍妮·佩恩. It purpose is to assist FVL students preparing for the preaching or teaching ministry in the Wisconsin Ev. 路德宗教会议 (WELS).
The fund was established in December 2016 and is to be managed by FVL as a segregated fund. No more than 5% of the total value of the Scholarship Fund is to be awarded annually. Each year’s scholarship(s) will be awarded at the discretion of the 学费 Assistance Committee within the parameters established by the Payne Estate. Funds will be awarded to FVL students entering grades 10-12 who plan to attend Martin Luther College and who demonstrate financial need according to the guidelines established for FVL financial aid and verified through the FACTS application process. The FVL President, FVL’s Administrative Pastor, and Martin Luther College’s 招生 team will determine the list of eligible FVL students. This list will be checked with the list of FVL Financial Aid applicants.
The annual number and amounts of tuition grants will be determined based on the earnings of the fund. Grants are to be made at the recommendation of the FVL President and the FVL 学费 Assistance Committee at their annual spring financial aid meeting. 学生 will be notified of grants awarded by the end of June.
Date: January 12, 2019
Revised: June 8, 2020